How to keep your energy up and stress down
With changing time and falling into the portal of rat race, stress has been one of the major health issues, but there are always ways to energies yourself.
Stress is one of the most used words for every other individual on a daily basis. It might sound simple but it can mess anyone psychologically and create major health issues. These issues will simultaneously affect your work life of even family leisure time. Stress can be considered as one of the most common problems but the cure to this stress is not common. There are several ways to keep your stress down and energy up and these ways are effective enough.
To keep your energy up, first you have to pull your stress down. So here are 6 ways to keep your stress down.
Ways to keep your stress down.
- Make sleep a priority: Sleep is the perfect way to de-stress yourself. That is the only time your brain is at rest and therefore you are actually relaxed. Without getting the proper rest, it will always be really tough to process all the information. So at least 7-9 hours of sleep every night is a necessity.
- Daily exercise is a key: With all the excitement of a new event or a festival its very easy to cut off on daily exercise. But always remember, a healthy body is equal to a healthy mind. You should at least get 30 minutes of exercise every day. Be it walking, fitness class, weight lifting or any sport.
- Keep yourself hydrated: Try and carry a water bottle wherever you go. Hydration is like a key element to feel energised all day. Moreover, hydration relaxes your mind quickly and calms you down. If possible, challenge yourself to drink half your body weight in oz. of water daily.
- Plan it all: Planning is the most stress relieving task ever. The moment your sit down and make pointers on all that work that has to be done and then plan it out, it is like an instant stress relief. Map out every week or you can even map out every day. This way the work stays organised and structured. Once your work is done you can strike it off from the list, this one stroke of pen is the most pleasurable part when in stress.
- Don’t try to please everyone: People are different, so are their mentalities. It is not always necessary to please everyone. Learn to say a no, know your strengths and focuses. If you do not want to do something, just say no.Most importantly, accept what you are.
These are some basic ways to reduce stress, so once you are done releasing the stress, it is time to gear up the energy. So here’s how to do it.
5 ways to keep your energy up
- Do not miss your breakfast: missing breakfast is one of the most terrible ideas one can ever have. Your body has been starving all night and a proper breakfast is all it needs. Try and eat food which are rich in carbohydrates like whole wheat, oats, cornflakes etc. Add some fresh fruits and vegetables which are high in nutrients.
- Sleep and Exercise is again the key: These two elements stays constant and is extremely important to keep the energy up throughout the day.
- Don’t sit for long: Sitting for long periods of time will make you lazy and tired so to kick out that laziness, try and walk around after sitting for at least like 30-60 minutes. This is a simple way to re-energize you.
- Iron: This might sound weird but yes iron is a way to increase energy as iron carries more oxygen through your body. So try and eat high iron food like beans, egg yolks, red meat, spinach, cashews, broccoli etc.
- Controlled Caffeine: As we all know caffeine is the key to instant energy but we also have to keep in mind that excessive caffeine is not good for health. Research says it is better to have caffeine in the afternoon than morning as adenosine builds up by afternoon again after the morning coffee and thereby you feel sleepy. So it is preferable that you have your latte later in the day when the work pressure is high.
There are numerous ways to build up your energy but these are the most efficient yet simple ways to stay energized all day long.
Stress is indeed difficult to handle but by following these simple tricks you can kill stress easily and stay healthy. Stress and energy are very important with their respective negative and positive aspects. It is obvious that you have to kill stress but you also have to keep up with the energy. Well nevertheless, thinking positive and optimistic is the master key to all the problems so go ahead and use it.