Best Stethoscopes for Doctors (Updated 2018)
BEST STETHOSCOPES FOR DOCTORS 2018
Updated, June 16, 2018 10:60 AM
Right from our childhood, we have always seen doctors using a Y-shaped instrument to listen to the sounds of our body. As kids, it was natural for us to be curious to know what that equipment was, and we came to know that it is called the Stethoscope. Starting from our formative years till now, the image of a doctor is never complete without a Stethoscope wrapped around the neck. And it is indeed a fact that this stethoscope is one of the basic and most important equipment that doctors need to treat their patients. The sounds generated by our heart or another body organ, enters from one end through the rubber tubing in the stethoscope and on the other hand, it is heard through the earpieces. Modern stethoscopes consist of a two-sided head for detecting the sound and the head can also be reversed. Depending on the side, high or low frequencies of sounds can be detected. Stethoscopes are used for a variety of purposes. It is used to treat pregnant women who usually cannot take long breaths, to check the heartbeat rate, to measure the blood pressure of an individual, assess heart problems and also to listen to the bowel movements.
The best Stethoscopes for use by doctors
There are many brands of stethoscopes, available in the market, which are used by doctors. Let us take a look at the best stethoscopes review in this article.
[amazon box=”B0081DFEA4,B01LY82P4J,B0011E8DG2,B0046VUKW2″ template=”table”]
3M Littmann Classic III Stethoscope
This is the most popular stethoscope and is highly recommended by the doctors across the globe. This efficiently tracks the sound of heart, lungs, and intestines in the best way. It has everything to become the best stethoscope for doctors. This stethoscope has a dual-sided chest piece, it is versatile, offers unique auscultation making it suitable for both children and adults.
With pressure change, you can use the tunable diaphragms to assess the high and low frequencies. To give the patients comfort, bell sleeves are used which are non-chilled. For the right frequency, open bell converts it to pediatric use. To reduce the noise interference, the tubes come in 2-in-1 design.
The Good Stuff:
- This stethoscope has reached a new level of versatility with the dual-sided chest piece which it is equipped with. It is the only stethoscope in Cardiology stream with this feature and it ensures versatile auscultation for both adult and pediatric patients.
- Due to low frequencies, using the non-chill bell sleeve, this stethoscope can be turned from pediatric side to opening bell.
- Both low and high frequencies can be captured by the tunable diaphragms as they respond to the very little changes in pressure as well.
- Noise interference is totally eliminated due to the 2-in-1 design of the rubber tubes.
- To meet the path of an ear canal, the headset is automatically designed and angled.
- The rubber tubes are flexible and elastic.
- It comes with a 5 years warranty.
- The chest piece is made of stainless steel which makes it durable.
- The non-chill rims, double leaf binaural spring and the soft sealing ear tips make this stethoscope a very comfortable one.
The Bad Stuff:
- Some people find it a bit overpriced.
- The weight of this instrument if 13.6 ounces. So it becomes a little uncomfortable to carry this for a whole day.
- After it is used for a few months, the tubing and the scuffing tend to tear.
- The central ring is prone to get damaged and needs to be replaced frequently.
[amazon fields=”B0081DFEA4″ value=”button”]
3M Littmann 6162 Cardiology IV Stethoscope
This stethoscope reflects the next generation of stethoscopes. Replete with incredible features, this stethoscope definitely offers better acoustic performance and better audibility than ever. This chest piece of the shape of the dual-sided chalice is used by all- doctors, medical students, and nurses. When the tunable diaphragm is removed and replaced by the non-chill bell sleeve, this stethoscope’s pediatric side gets converted to open-bell.
The snap-tight and soft-sealing ear tips provide acoustic seal and comfort. Noise is eliminated due to the two-in-one design of the tubes. This stethoscope is available in different colors and styles. It is very hard to find a single fault in this instrument. The quality makes it one of the top-rated stethoscopes.
The Good Stuff:
- Outstanding acoustics and great audibility even of the high-frequency sounds.
- Dual-sided chest piece
- On both sides, tunable diaphragms are featured.
- A pediatric side gets converted to traditional open bell.
- The anatomically designed headset is designed in such an angle that it meets the path of the ear canal.
- The tubes are long lasting and not prone to cuffing or staining.
- Comes with a seven years warranty.
The Bad Stuff:
- This stethoscope is a little pricey.
[amazon fields=”B01LY82P4J” value=”button”]
MDF Acoustica Deluxe Lightweight Dual Head Stethoscope
This one is universally famous because of being lightweight and it is mainly used in the home. It is made of Aluminium and is crafted with a double brooch which consists of diaphragm and bell, it is both polished and smoothed.
Three pairs of MDF Silicone Comfort Seal earplugs are- trumpet, large and plain are available for this stethoscope- choose the one which fits your ears best.
To keep the headphone and other new accessories on hand, earbuds are included in the Free-parts-for-life program of MDF. A spare diaphragm is also included in this. To make the instrument more comfortable and to avoid any chance of reaction on the body of the patient, the headphones, tubes, and septa used are latex-free.
To keep the conduit open and increase the sound transmission into the headset, below the spring of the sound tube, a patented internal chamber of the metal alloy is featured. It’s a cheap, very well-crafted, sound sensitive and well- structured stethoscope.
The Good Stuff:
- It is less expensive.
- It is double-headed.
- It is made of Aluminium.
- The earphones and other accessories can be replaced for free under the free parts life program.
The Bad Stuff:
- The headphones attached to this are a bit uncomfortable.
- It is little heavy.
[amazon fields=”B0011E8DG2″ value=”button”]
3M Littmann 2141 Master Classic II Stethoscope
This is a very well-known model of the stethoscope and recommended by the senior doctors and practitioner. With clarity, this instrument allows to listen and assess the sounds of the heart, lungs, and intestine. For proper assessment, this one is very popular on the online shopping websites. Its trust level is very high for its accurate assessment.
It’s ergonomically designed which makes it very appealing to the eyes. It’s been constructed so well and the ear tips used here are very comfortable. Tunable diaphragm lets us hear both the sounds of low and high frequency easily.
The non-chill rims in the chest piece and the headset to fit the anatomy of the path of the ear canal adds additional comfort.
The ear tips are very much soft and comfortable as well. This instrument has been made out of the best quality of the material. The average rating given by the users is quite high. People find this stethoscope very reliable.
The Good Stuff:
- Anatomical design of the headset allows it to fit the path of the ear canal perfectly.
- Reliability, comfort and great performance are ensured by the award-winning features, ergonomic design, and impressive acoustic sensitivity.
- Latex has not been used in the design in order to avoid any sort of allergies.
- The very responsive tunable diaphragm is able to change and capture the slightest of the change in frequency from high to low.
- Non-chill rim and diaphragm provide additional comfort to the patients.
- It comes with various options of colors and designs.
- It is ideal for daily use as it is of very lightweight.
- Even amidst noisy environment, this stethoscope can work efficiently.
The Bad Stuff:
- The price is on the higher side.
- After it is used for a few years, the tubes get a little stiff.
[amazon fields=”B0046VUKW2″ value=”button”]
Tips to Choose the Best Doctors Stethoscopes for Doctors
The stethoscope is an essential instrument for use by doctors and medical practitioners. When you are about to start your medical career it is very important that you buy a good stethoscope. Go for a stethoscope which makes the auscultation easy and accurate for instant and exact diagnosis.
The proven best stethoscopes for doctors in 2018 are ideal for use by cardiologists, medical students, pediatricians, as well as for veterinary needs. Other health care professionals including nursing, EMT also can use these. The right stethoscope optimizes the patient care by enabling the right diagnosis with this precise tool.
There are certain components that you must check when you are out to buy the best stethoscope for your medical profession. Let us take a look at them:
To make sure the stethoscope is durable, check the materials of the chest piece first, it gets preference if the construction is done by high-density materials like titanium or stainless steel. Moreover, the chest piece should have a hand-polished finish on both outside and inside for clear and crisp sound. If the polish is not done properly done inside, it absorbs sound so quickly.
The headset should be constructed with the same high-density material with which the chest piece is constructed and it should be angled at 15 degrees for the perfect fit. Along with highest sealing and amplifying acoustic, metals of the best quality are also needed to make sure the sound is transmitted to the headset. Sometimes, in the description provided about the product only mentions the material of the chest piece but writes it as the material of both chest piece and headset. Be cautious about that.
To ensure the longevity of the diaphragm, a durable and high-quality diaphragm is always preferred. To avoid any mishap or obstruction caused by puncture, it’s wise to have an extra.
In order to isolate acoustics from the external noise and to make the sound insulated, the tubes of the stethoscope should be made of thick and durable material. Thin tubing leads to breakage which causes the loss of sound. There are some tubing which is longer than usual just to maintain a distance between the patient and the physician.
To get an accurate reading, perfect ear tips are very important in a stethoscope. These should fit inside the ear in a comfortable and secure manner. These ear tips come in various sizes and materials for comfort. These ear tips should also create a seal inside the ears just to prevent the external sounds to seep through.
For the reduction of the leakage of the sound, this small detail of a stethoscope should not be overlooked and should be made of high-quality material as well.
While these are the basic things that you need to check while buying the best stethoscope for your needs, there might be other factors that you would like to consider. Yes, the budget and brand that you seek are of course vital when it comes to buying the most suitable equipment.
You can take your pick from any of the products mentioned here. Littmann is globally reckoned as the top brand of stethoscopes which has been delivering the highest level of performance to doctors for generations. You can safely rely on Littmann stethoscopes and trust them for their excellence, even during the longest term of use. Every doctor trusts Littmann for its superior brand value and premium quality.
Disclaimer : YourBestStethoscope.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.